Friday, August 17, 2012

Making Friends 我的朋友...

A few of us made some awesome Chinese friends. They showed us their favorite places to eat and constantly helped us learn common Chinese phrases. For many days, we just shared our differences and lifestyles with one another. It was quite interesting to learn that the girls had never made American friends before they met us, yet their English was nearly fluent. I could not believe how well-trained they were in their communication skills regarding English. As I got to know these girls better, they took me to the lake where a light-up fountain show was held. There were crowds and crowds of people (人山人海,a phrase meaning too many people) viewing the mystical scene. I had the opportunity to walk around the modern, inner city of Suzhou. I took my first subway back to campus. Here is the restaurant I ate at nearly EVERY day, because I knew exactly what it was I was eating. We also met lots of people who were interested in foreigners at this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment