Sunday, August 19, 2012

Goodbye 再见 ...

I spent my last day in the shopping mall that we frequently visited, called Auchan. We were stuck inside with the heavy summer rains pouring down (by the way, we went to class in s typhoon even though the university had shut down). Someone joked, "You haven't seen rain until you've seen rain in China!" On the typhoon day, it rained before I woke up at 7am and didn't stop until well past 11pm. The rain was THICK and never ever stopped the entire duration of the day. I said my final goodbyes to my teachers and newly made friends. Our Chinese professors held a large banquet at the place we ate on our first day in China to celebrate the end of classes. My trip wasn't over until I walked through my front door in Phoenix. China Eastern airlines left so late that I missed my connecting flight in LA! It was odd, even after a month, to see everyone roaming around the LA airport with unique styles, different hair colors, and speaking English! I would never change anything about my study abroad experience, because I made the most of my trip. I usually have a couple regrets, oh I wish I tried this or I wish I went here, but this time I can say I got out of that dorm room and explored China! I hope to return to China some day to visit, absorb, and learn even more! I am very, very happy NAU has so many study abroad programs to choose from, because I found one that suited me best. Please let me know if you have any questions about my trip or if you are interested in traveling abroad!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My name is KC Owens; I’m a college student who loves to travel! While cruising the Internet, I found your site and really enjoyed reading your posts. Personally, I think traveling is a necessary part of life as you’re exposed to all sorts of new cultures and experiences. While enjoying time abroad, I've found it's crucial to fully understand the dangers that you might encounter along the way. These mishaps are part of life and certainly part of travel but it’s always a great idea to take preventive measures to help ensure your safety while abroad.

    I was hoping that you would allow me to write a post for your site to share my travel safety tips with your readers? I put a lot of time and passion into my traveling and I would love to help others by offering safety advice as a result of the mistakes and triumphs I've had. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Best,

    KC Owens

    ReplyDelete